London Osteoporosis Clinic at 9 Harley Street
Phoenix Hospital Group is proud to announce the launch of the London Osteoporosis Clinic at 9 Harley Street.
There are more than 300,000 osteoporotic fractures that occur every year. There are 3 million people in the UK with osteoporosis, 6 million with osteoarthritis and many1D0-420 more with other types of arthritis.
The London Osteoporosis Clinic at 9 Harley Street is dedicated to the early diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and prevention of osteoporotic related fractures. Our aspiration is to work with patients and the wider healthcare community to eradicate osteoporosis related fractures.
Our service is led by Consultant Rheumatologist and Osteoporosis Specialist, Dr Taher Mahmud, who has extensive experience specialising in acute arthritis and osteoporosis. The new service will offer the latest in diagnosis and treatment.
Patients with the following conditions and 074-679 requirements may be particularly suitable for treatment:
- Screening for osteoporosis and early treatment
- Males < 65 years old with idiopathic osteoporosis
- Patients who sustain fractures while receiving treatment
- Secondary osteoporosis – inflammatory conditions, steroid use
- Hyperparathyroidism or other endocrine diseases affecting bone
- Patients unable to comply with oral therapy who may be suitable for parental therapy
- Patients unable to comply with oral therapy who may be suitable for Teriparatide
- Cases eligible for either percutaneous vertebroplasty or balloon kyphoplasty for vertebral compression fractures
The service will commence on Friday, 23 May 2014 at 9 Harley Street. For details please contact our bookings team on 0207 079 2156 or email <ahref=”mailto:email@example.com”>firstname.lastname@example.org.