CT Colonography (Virtual Colonoscopy) provides accurate and safe screening to rule out the possibility of bowel cancer and its precursor, the advanced Colonic Polyp.
By confidently excluding disease in the colon and surrounding organs, CT Colonography provides reassurance and enables patients and their doctor to focus on alleviating their symptoms.
It provides an alternative to Colonoscopy and frequently preferred by patients for the following reasons:
- Less invasive and avoids sedation
- Less disruptive to daily activity (many people go to work after their appointment)
- Fewer laxatives
- Examines important organs which surround the bowel for example helping to rule out aortic aneurysm, lymphoma or abnormalities of the kidneys, pancreas, ovaries, liver and spleen.
- Examines appendix (not seen well at colonoscopy)
A Virtual Colonoscopy costs £995
Who would benefit from this screening:
Bowel cancer is a common cause of death and if caught early can be effectively treated. We recommend this is a regular screening for patients over 50 years old.
A Virtual Colonoscopy may also be performed:
- If there are symptoms such as bleeding or mucus in your faeces.
- To screen if there is a high risk of developing bowel cancer or polyps.
- If a conventional colonoscopy is performed and the doctor wasn’t able to see the entire bowel.
As part of out team, we are pleased to work with Dr David Burling of London Radiology, based at 9 Harley Street, he has been at the forefront of clinical research in the field of virtual CT colonoscopy.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on 0207 079 2102
We will send a confirmation once your consultation is booked. If you would like to rearrange your appointment please do give us at least 24 hours notice.